Wearing a face mask
|Masks are required||Masks are not required|
If you have specific masking concerns, please contact [email protected].
High quality masks are available free of charge for students to pick up at the following locations:
- All University residence halls/apartments, systemwide
- Campus student unions
- Recreation & Wellness Center
- Boynton Health
Faculty and staff may order masks from U Market Services through their departments. We are continuing the Mask Support Program for anyone with special healthcare concerns and may benefit from specialized consultation.
Everyone may wear a mask in settings that do not require them if they choose. Masking is an important preventive measure against COVID-19. The University expects all community members to respect those who choose to wear a mask, as well as those who choose not to wear one. We recommend KN95 or N95 masks for greater protection. You may find information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on mask fit and material, as well as information from University Health and Safety (UHS).
Can I ask classmates or colleagues to wear a mask in spaces that don’t require them?
You may ask them, but they aren’t required to wear a mask. Please be respectful of those who choose to wear a mask, as well as those who choose not to wear one.
What additional steps can I take to promote my and others’ safety now that the mask mandate has been lifted in most spaces?
- Ensure that you are fully up to date with your vaccinations and boosters.
- Wear a well-fitting N95 or KN95 mask if you choose.
- Stay home if you have symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- If appropriate, you may request to change the location of a meeting to one that permits more physical distancing and/or moves outdoors.
- If you have an underlying health condition, you can visit the Disability Resource Center to request accommodation.