The University of Minnesota actively promotes on-campus safety, and we work with our off-campus partners to ensure our community is safe.
- University Police
- Student Affairs
- Boynton Health
- Housing and Residential Life
- University Health and Safety
- The Aurora Center
- Gopher Chauffeur
- Safe Walk
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Off-Campus Living
- Gopher Trip
- Department of Emergency Management
- Campus Maps (includes building hours, bus stops, Gopher Way access and other useful information for navigating the campus safely)
- Minneapolis Police Department
- St. Paul Police Department
- Minneapolis Fire Department
- St. Paul Fire Department
- Hennepin County Sheriff
- Ramsey County Sheriff
SAFE-U Emergency Notifications
SAFE-U, the U of M’s mass notification system, enables us in emergencies to communicate with our students, staff, faculty, and visitors through voice, text, and email. All students, staff, and faculty are automatically opted into SAFE-U (unless they’ve specifically requested to be removed).
Learn about Clery Act Compliance at the University.
UMPD maintains crime statistics.
Predatory Sexual Offenders
The UMPD advises our campus on the release or residence of any level 3 predatory/sexual offenders attending classes or employed at UMTC.